Panic Disorder Help Is Not Elusive - Or Is It?


Are you one of the many people looking for panic disorder help? Easier said than done, I know, but do not worry as you are not alone and help is available.
Those suffering from this condition find themselves reading every book ever written on the subject and trying every new treatment that comes their way. Although medical treatment continues to improve, some attempt to find answers through different medications and stress reducing techniques are ongoing.
Some help is good and some just gives false hope with little or no real chance of helping you personally.
It's not an easy journey finding relief and hopefully a cure, but there is a lot of help available for you. This journey in search of a cure can be long and frightening in itself.
When an individual has suffered many panic attacks,then he or she is said to have panic disorder, but what causes these attacks in the first place?
The truth is no one really knows for sure. There are those who speculate the condition is genetic. Some suggest it results from enormous stress, which can be at home or work.
These attacks appear suddenly and have been perceived as some of the scariest moments in a person's entire life. Your first episode may have you feeling like your world is caving in and that death is at their door. It can be literally as bad as that can't it?
Furthermore, many people who have these panic attacks think they are having a heart attack and mistakenly call for emergency care. The reason for this is sufferers feel the same type of symptoms as they might if they were indeed having a heart attack; symptoms like tightening of the chest, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeats and tingling sensations in many areas of the body
There are other symptoms and feelings you may experience that suggest anxiety issues, such as the fear of being imprisoned, being in traffic jams or the fear of being in closed in spaces like small shops or a movie theatre. These feelings are quite common to most sufferers too.
Panic disorder can make you feel like you are close to death or at the very least going out of your mind. You feel like you are losing control, the anxiety builds and you find yourself on the edge of darkness.
The fact is anxiety can come in waves and make you think you can no longer relate to the world that surrounds you. This is pretty scary stuff and it leads many to believe there is no real hope or help available. Fortunately, this is not true.
Many years of research have been directed towards this subject by experts, many of whom have suffered the same bouts with panic disorder.
When considering a path to take when seeking panic disorder help, a lot of people do not want to take strong drugs, and I cannot say I blame them. Who wants to hand control over to something that will indeed be in control of them?
Don't get me wrong, drugs can help and hopefully as a short-term measure until you start to feel a bit more secure about your situation.
As a person who has suffered once with panic attacks, I looked for a more natural approach for help. I went to see my doctor who offered me drugs at first. I said I wanted to talk about what I was feeling and she referred me to a counsellor.
This for me was the panic disorder help I needed and I was soon on the road to managing my problem, and I still do to this day.
Someone else suggested that I ask for cognitive behaviour therapy or CBT as it is more commonly known. I guess the counsellor may have thrown a bit of that into my sessions without me realising at the time!
Isn't it time you took some control back in your situation and started to feel normal once more? Wouldn't you like to feel free again and to build a new and exciting life where every day can be an adventure instead of a dread?
It's all about changing our way of thinking really and our beliefs. You do not have to feel as though you are going to die any more as a result of panic attacks. Nor do you have to think panic disorder help will have you a slave to drugs. It does not have to be that way.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7062469


No comments:

Post a Comment